Thrift Store Donation Receiving and PickUp
21 people are interested
Help is especially needed on Friday afternoons and Saturdays!!
The Common Good Thrift and Consignment is a social enterprise designed to raise funds for ECM’s community programs, such as our healthcare center One Hope Centro de Vida, which offers low-cost, holistic healthcare to uninsured patients.
The purpose of the Donation Receiving role is to receive donations, perform initial quality assessment of merchandise, ensure that the Back Room operates efficiently, and ensure that donated merchandise quickly moves from the Back Room onto the Floor.
These volunteers may also be responsible for moving large merchandise items, such as furniture, onto the display floor. They may also ride along to donation pickups to retrieve furniture or bulk donations. This is an active role, and volunteers should be comfortable being on their feet for extended periods, as well as lifting at least 30 lbs.
Volunteers need to commit to a shift of a least two hours each week (every other week is also ok, but weekly is strongly preferred). If your available time slots do not match the preset shifts, just let us know when you are available in the "comments" section of the application and we'll assign you to the best time slot.
- Receive donations of merchandise from customers, offer them receipts and/or appreciation coupons.
- Occasionally, ride with ECM drivers to pick up large donations from a donor's residence or office.
- Organize incoming merchandise according to type, putting like with like.
- Perform quality control, and dispose of unsellable merchandise according to store's disposal policies.
- If trained on pricing, affix price tags to items according to standardized price lists or research of what the item is going for on the secondhand market.
- Place priced items on display, maintain neatness and cleanliness of displays.
- Maintain neatness and cleanliness of back room, back office, and storage units.
- Answer customer's questions about merchandise, The Common Good, and ECM.
- Strong interpersonal relationship skills; ability to work in a team and resolve conflicts
- Ability to talk to customers about East Central Ministries; must feel comfortable answering phone calls
- Strong organizational skills, attention to detail
- Retail experience a plus, but not necessary
- Moderate to heavy physical exertion (lifting, standing, etc.)
To apply, please visit https://app.betterimpact.com/PublicOrganization/115a1922-d666-40d8-8993-8dd1f8ad3636/Activity/8e2ddcca-01a8-4043-89d1-1f5a7b487361/1
We'll work with your schedule.
2902 Eubank Blvd NEAlbuquerque, NM 87112
- People Skills
- Retail / Sales
- People 55+
- Must be at least 13
- Orientation or Training
- Minimum 2 hours per week or biweekly