The Community Computer Alliance is looking for an Event Planning Intern! The CCA is a Columbus-based nonprofit organization focusing on job force development for individuals with Autism and other developmental disabilities through an e-waste recycling program. We’re looking for an intern interested in gaining real-world job experience through coordinating donation drives, fundraising events, and other events to help our nonprofit continue to grow.
At this time, the internship is unpaid; however working for a small non-profit means that you’ll have the opportunity to see your projects go from start to finish, as well as make a valuable contribution to your community.
- Research promotional events: volunteer fairs, networking events, community events, etc.
- Coordinate closely with the Communications Specialist Intern
- Work with event sponsors to coordinate their collections
- Handle event staging and all event day activities
- Follow up and thank event sponsors upon completion of event
- Coordinate donation acquirement
- Keep accurate event management records
Skills You Will Gain Working at CCA:
- Event planning and coordination
- Customer service
- Data entry
- Relationship management
- Public speaking
- Microsoft Office (Outlook, Excel, Word, etc.)
We require at least 12 hours over 3-4 days a week. We also require occasional Saturday events (approximately twice a month). The minimum commitment for the internship program is 4 months.
This position requires someone who is responsible and able to think outside of the box. You need to be someone who is innovative and able to bring new ideas to the table, as well as work well with others.
**You may be eligible to receive class credit through your University.
- Resource Development / Management
- Basic Computer Skills
- Organization Design
- Donor Management
- Community Outreach
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Orientation or Training
- 10-15 hours a week for 4-6 months