If you love interacting with people and keeping busy, this position could be for you! The Front Desk Volunteer will support housing shelters to meet the needs of clients and visitors. This volunteer position requires professionalism and the ability to perform administrative and customer services duties well in a hectic environment.
- Answer multi-line phone: directing calls and answering basic questions.
- Greets clients and visitors: answers questions, and directs inquiries.
- Maintains physical environment of front desk and reception area clean.
- Performs typing, copying and faxing in support of program and administrative staff.
- Miscellaneous office tasks including giving tours, sign-ins and making appointments.
- Performs other office duties as assigned.
- Adhere to YWCA policies and procedures.
- Receptionist and phone experience
- Pleasant friendly personality that enjoys working with the public.
- Ability to communicate and work with clients and staff from diverse cultural and economic backgrounds.
- Comfortable working in hectic environment.
- Patient and flexible.
- Attention to detail and strong organizational and record keeping skills.
- Dependable and reliable.
- Must be able to work independently as well as in a team environment.
- Ability to communicate effectively and in a caring way with clients who are in crisis.
If this sounds like your cup of tea, then email me that you are interested, what days and time. We’ll get an interview, background check, and go from there.
Thanks so much for your interest in our volunteer position. We look forward to working with you soon.
- Administrative Support
- Customer Service
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Orientation or Training