Located in the heart of Oscar Scherer State Park is our Nature Center. It is home to a number of exhibits for guests to come in and get a more in depth look at what is here in the park. It also houses our gift and ice cream shop, as well as an activity area for children.
It is open from 10-2 every day, and we are in need of assistants to greet and assist visitors, as well as provide park information as requested. One would also be assisting visitors with purchases at the Friends of Oscar Scherer gift shop.
1. Greet visitors
2. Assist visitors with WiFi
3. Answer questions and provide information
4. Sell items from Friends gift shop
5. Clean and maintain nature center
6. Follow open or close procedure
1. Park Orientation
2. Nature Center Orientation
3. Harassment training (yearly requirement)
4. Diversity Training (yearly requirement)
5. Ethics Training (yearly requirement)
6. Bloodborne Pathogen Training (yearly requirement)
7. First Aid/CPR/AED training (as available)
Benefits to the Volunteer
1. Volunteer provided with t-shirt and name tag
2. Upon completion of 50 hours - CSO Membership with Friends of Oscar Scherer Park, Inc.
3. Occasional park volunteer gatherings. (Pot lucks, picnics, etc)
4. Upon completion of 100 hours - receive a pass for a free day use entry to the specific park volunteered at for the volunteer and their family. (Request pass from Park Service Specialist)
5. Upion completion of 500 hours - receive a special annual pass for free day use entry to state parks for the volunteer and up to 8 people with volunteer.
6. Upon completion of 1000 hours - receive engraved name plate.
7. Florida State Park awards
8. Upon completion of 10,000 hours - Irene Delaby Award
9. Christmas party/dinner in conjunction with the December CSO board meeting.
Interested applicants can apply here: https://volunteers.floridastateparks.org/pages/app:INDIV
- Customer Service
- People Skills
- Verbal / Written Communication
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 3.5 - 4 hours per shift