- Have excellent communication and interpersonal skills, be able to work well on a team, be flexible, and have a sense of humor. The ability to problem-solve and work collaboratively with teachers, administrators, and families is essential
- Assist in the planning and implementation of daily classroom activities
- Assist with developing and implementing developmentally appropriate lesson plans
- Assist with organizing the learning environment, setting up learning centers and preparing needed materials and supplies
- Perform general classroom housekeeping duties, including: preparing snacks, feeding children, pottying and diapering children, and general clean up, etc.
- Work within a multi-disciplinary framework with therapists, teachers and support staff to ensure an effective instructional and therapeutic program
- Assist with planning classroom program activities in accordance with the philosophies and policies of the Academy and best practices
- Assist with planning for and use instructional methods which motivate and enable each child to achieve learning objectives
- Assist with developing and implementing developmentally appropriate curriculum/weekly lesson plans meeting the emotional, physical, intellectual, and social needs of the individual children in the group.
- Assist with maintaining record of academic, social, and personal growth using a report card system based on the Creative Curriculum.
- Ensure that each child and parent is treated with dignity and respect
- Participate in the Intergenerational Program
- Encourage parental involvement
- Respect individual differences of neuro-typical and children with disabilities
- Assist with completing and maintaining all other required documentation and records
- Assist in maintaining a clean and organized room
- Ensure a safe environment in the classroom with primary importance on the safety and well-being of each child
- Become knowledgeable about the individual daily needs and well-being of each child in the classroom
- Accepts constructive feedback and work towards improving skills
- Maintains a positive, calm attitude and a pleasant, soothing voice, and models this attitude and voice for parents and others working or volunteering in the program.
- Follow all DHS Regulations
- Child Development
- Teaching / Instruction
- Child Care
- Special Needs
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training