The Secretary supports the organization's mission to save animals; records meeting minutes, ensures their accuracy and availability; proposes policies and practices; submits various reports to the Board; serves as a voting member of the Board of Directors; fulfills any other requirements of a Director and Officer.
The Secretary ensures records of the organization are maintained as required by law; gives proper notice of meetings and timely distribution of materials such as agendas and minutes; plays a critical role in fostering communication through proper management; maintains accurate documentation and meets legal requirements such as annual filing deadlines; reviews and updates documents as necessary.
As a Board member, the Secretary helps over see the organization's programs, ensures that Animal Care best practices are followed; help manage volunteer and fundraising staff.
- Strategic Planning
- Animal Care / Handling
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 21
- Orientation or Training
- 7-10 hours a week
- Foster Animal Medical Coordinator
- Treasurer/ Board of Directors
- Foster an Animal
- Social Media poster for Foster...
- Process Adoption Applications
- Adoption Coordinator
- Schedule meetings between...
- Cat/Kitten Caretaker-PetValu...
- Board of Directors
- Community Events Lead
- Rescue Coordinator
- Fundraising Team Leads
- Recruit and Schedule Volunteers...
- Events Lead
- Marketing/Public Relations Leads
- Events Coordinator
- Process Foster Applications
- Foster Coordinator
- Answer Helpline calls/emails
- TNR Trapper