WhenIt's flexible! We'll work with your schedule.
Where71847 Hwy 111, Suite ARancho Mirage, CA 92270
Patient Care Volunteer
- Visit patients (all of whom have a life expectancy of 6 months or less) in their homes or in long-term care setting to provide companionship and/or caregiver relief.
- The volunteer is part of the interdisciplinary team and makes weekly visit of up 4 hours to his/her assigned patient. Activities may include conversing, playing recorded music, watching a television program, or reading to the patient: taking the patient on a wheelchair walk: or providing compassionate presence. The volunteer will also be responsible for providing timely visit reports, after each patient contact, and remaining current with all compliance items.
- Work experience
- Education or knowledge is required
- Looking for volunteers that are compassionate, kind, flexible, non-judgmental and extremely dependable
- Volunteers are typically assigned to one patient at a time and continue with ongoing visit until such time as the assignment ends (through patient death, discharge, or other reason). Some assignments may be for just one visit, while others may continue for several months. The volunteer has the autonomy to schedule mutually convenient visits dates/times directly with the patient/caregiver.
- An initial orientation/interview will be conducted by phone (typically 410-60 minutes), followed by a full-day of training.
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- 4 hours per month
- Martha's Village & Kitchen
- Palm Desert Library (Public...
- Palm Desert Library
- Meals on Wheels Drivers
- The Living Desert
- La Quinta Senior Center
- Coachella Valley Repertory
- Friends of the Desert Mountains
- Neuro Vitality Center
- The Living Desert ZooTeen...
- Braille Institute
- Desert Hot Springs Senior Center...
- Coachella Valley History Museum
- Jewish Family Service of the...
- RSVP Advisory Council Member
- Paws & Hearts
- Children Discovery Museum
- RSVP - Volunteer Program Office...
- Cathedral City Library
- Coachella Valley Volunteers In...