Join our Board of Directors
14 people are interested
This is an especially exciting time for Family Works, as we are expanding our services and embarking on new projects. Please join us as we move forward to serve the community. The time is well spent, and the satisfaction is enormous.
Family Works Board Members:
- Believe in, have passionate for, and care deeply about the agency’s purpose, mission, and goals
- Make a serious commitment to participate actively in the work of the Board and their committees
- Want to use their strategic planning, strong problem solving and negotiating skills to support the agency’s vision and mission
- Demonstrate their strong interpersonal skills and teamwork by joining our fundraising and resource acquisition efforts
- Demonstrate integrity and a strong sense of responsibility for their recommendations and decisions and are ready to take on tough issues and work through challenging situations while remaining respectful and collaborative
- Have strong ties to their community and actively recruit new Board members
What can you expect as a Board member?
We are strongly committed to what we do and derive great satisfaction from the relationships we form as we support the goals of Family Works. Your commitment on our board asks that you:
- Contribute a minimum of 6 hours per month
- Serve a two-year term (with an option for additional terms)
- Attend up to 10 monthly board meetings (fourth Thursday of the month, from 5:30-7:00PM), retreats, and participate in at least two special events
- Join one of our committees that meets a minimum of six times per year (e.g., Board Development, Finance and Resource Development, and/or Executive)
Membership on our Board offers you an opportunity to develop nonprofit board experience while contributing your expertise in the following ways:
- Acting an agency representative to spread the word about Family Works services
- Helping with fundraising and resources acquisition and management
- Providing five new contact names/addresses to be added to the mailing list
- Participate in strategic planning
- Actively recruit new Board members
No additional volunteer opportunities at this time.
We'll work with your schedule.
4 Joseph CourtSan Rafael, CA 94903
- General Education
- Family Therapy
- Counseling / Mental Health
- Youth Services
- Marketing & Communications (Mar/Com)
- 6 hours per month