We have a new volunteer opportunity for individuals to help us by picking up donated food at CUB Foods in Rosemount.
- You will be expected to use their own vehicle and gas, plus carry insurance on your vehicle.
- This is approximately a 2 hour commitment, a minimum of one time per week. Depending on the volume of food available at CUB, the actual amount of time each week can vary from 1-3 hrs total.
- You will arrive at the Rosemount Family Resource Center and Food Shelf, 14521 Cimmaron Avenue West, Rosemount, MN to pick up a few supply bins, go to Rosemount CUB Foods to pick up the donated food and gather food from four areas (produce, dairy, meat and grocery) within the store. Then immediately bring it back to the Rosemount Resource Center and Food Shelf to unload, weigh and put away in the appropriate temperature zone.
- A temperature reading will need to be taken on-site at the grocery store prior to leaving and again upon arrival at the food shelf to ensure safe food handling.
- Training will be provided prior to volunteering.
Mondays 9-11 (ish)
Wednesdays 9-11 (ish)
*Hours may vary depending on the amount of rescue food to pick up. For example it may only take an hour some days so then you would be done at 10am (you would not need to stay until 11).
- Community Outreach
- Inventory Management
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Must be at least 21
- Orientation or Training
- minimum of one shift/week.
- provide own vehicle, with insurance.