**The Recovery Vote**
There are over 25 million people in recovery from alcoholism/addiction in the United Sates. There are many more entering into recovery. Then there are those who support them.
**THIS IS A LARGE INTEREST GROUP** That needs representation in politics and legislation at the national, state, and local levels.
There are NO current Super PACs out there fighting for representation for people in recovery. Meanwhile, heroin overdoses alone are on the rise in the nation. And many local governments outright attack recovery projects.
Millions of voices in recovery need advocacy in a way unseen before in this country!
Our new non-profit --- very new --- seeks to organize as a non-profit and an IRS 527 Super PAC - non-partisan.
IF you are interested in politics, substance abuse, and the startup spirit this new movement is for you.
This will be BIG... you can grow with us... maybe STAY with us!
We are looking for about 5 solid people who can help us from the very beginning around these core areas:
- Website and Technology (we need www.therecoveryvote.org developed)
- Board development and volunteer development
- Social Media strategy
- Organizational Structure and actual non-profit development
- Letter creation and mailing
- Blog writing
- Outreach to politicians, leadership, govt organizations, treatment centers, police, et al
- Find funding for an office, choose an office, SET UP
- Office management
This is a chance to actually CREATE and mold the work. You will not find many opportunities like this!
We are headquartered in CINCINNATI but you may work virtually as well.
We need SERIOUS people who can commit as a volunteer now and help us work into paid staff roles!
If you are drawn to issues aroound substance abuse, politics, and general non-profit management AND you have high energy and drive... you will be KEY in making this effort HUGE!
Once we gain some momentum and funding, we will need to hit the road and travel!
Strict NDA and confidentiality agreements must be signed before assignments can commence.
There is a brief orientation/interview/research phase before we can accept you to ensure we do not waste each other's time.
- Counseling / Mental Health
- Business Development
- Marketing & Communications (Mar/Com)
- IT Consulting
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Must be at least 21
- Orientation or Training
- Prefer a minimum 6 week commitment
- Some college preferred, interest in: substance abuse, politics, non-prof mgmt