Bowling is a big favorite too - with our residents at Norwood Crossing. If you love bowling and want to share your passion for it with others, come help us every Thursday morning from 9:15 to 11:15! We set up a long, plastic "alley" and use full-size, but lightweight bowling balls and pins. Residents "bowl" from a raised apparatus so they can participate sitting in their wheelchairs.
The activity is led by long-time volunteers. We need additional volunteers to assist in setting up the "alley" prior to the activity's start at 9:45 and help stow the equipment after. Volunteers also help keep score, provide physical assistance with bowling and cheer the bowlers on. Prior to and after bowling you are needed to assist seniors to and from their rooms.
Frequency of Volunteer Commitment:
- 9:15 to 11:15 every Thursday
Benefits of your commitment:
- Make a difference in the lives of our senior residents
- Have fun and make friends with residents, staff, & volunteers
- Have a free lunch in the employee lunchroom
- Must enjoy the game of bowling and physically able to bend and retrieve pins and bowling balls.
- Able to safely transport residents in their wheelchairs (training provided)
- Able to commit to being here on time every week. Advance notice of absences is most helpful to the rest of the team of volunteers.
- Interpersonal flexibility required working with other volunteers and able to take direction from lead volunteers
- Must support the goal of nor?VOL?ution and Norwood Life Society to enrich the lives of members of our community including the seniors we serve, our volunteers, the staff, and the community at large.
Good Match For
Teens People 55+
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 2 hours per week
- Must want to be part of a volunteer team