Volunteer Job Description: Summer Day Care Volunteer 2018
Summer Day Care Volunteers are on-site volunteers at our Summer Day Care Program at Irving Elementary School in Oak Park. As a Summer Day Care Volunteer, your role is to be a friend and positive role model to the children in the day care program. You will help with arts and crafts, play games, read or teach the child a new game and assist staff where necessary.
- Must complete volunteer process (application, interview and orientation).
- Training will be provided by Volunteer Manager and/or day care site supervisor
- Must attend summer day care training on one of the following days:
- Thursday, June 7 th from 4-5pm at Irving Elementary School (1125 S Cuyler, Oak Park)
- Friday, June 8 th from 1-2pm at Irving Elementary School (1125 S Cuyler, Oak Park)
- Reliability, caring and desire to make a difference
- Flexible to adapt to the children’s special needs
- Flexible schedule
Location: Irving Elementary School, 1125 S Cuyler Ave, Oak Park
Time Frame: Based on your availability, summer day care is open Monday-Friday between 9am-5pm. Must commit to at least one day/week for 1-3 hours for at least 4 weeks. Maximum of 2 days a week of volunteer for 3 hours each day. Summer day care begins Monday, June 11 th- Friday, August 10 th.
Supervision: Day Care Site Supervisor along with day care staff
If you are interested in this volunteer opportunity, please contact Hannah Weigel, Volunteer Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org for next steps.
- Physical Education
- Outdoor Recreation
- Child Development
- Child Care
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 13
- At least 1 hour per week for 5 weeks.