Special Event Internship - Bike MS
WhenIt's flexible! We'll work with your schedule.
Where1700 Owens Street, Suite 190San Francisco, CA 94158
The National MS Society, Northern California Chapter is looking for a dynamic, energetic, responsible and organized individual to join the Bike MS Team. The Special Event Internship is an exciting position within the MS Society’s Northern California Chapter, working directly with the Bike MS Manager to assist in coordinating certain aspects of the Bike MS. Bike MS is a two day, 170 mile bicycle ride from San Francisco to the wine Country.
The Bike MS: Waves to Wine Ride is the Chapter’s largest fundraising event, yielding over $2.6 million dollars annually. The charity ride benefits those living with the devastating effects of multiple sclerosis. This year’s ride is scheduled to take place September 24-25, 2016. An estimated 2,700 cyclists and 800 volunteers will participate.
- Conduct/manage grassroots marketing efforts including:
- distributing posters to bike shops, coffee houses, neighborhood shops, etc
- work with bike clubs and coalitions to build a relationship with Bike MS
- Attend bike events and triathlons to host an information booth
- Arrange Bike MS recognition events: Top fundraiser party in June and team week parties
- Work with bike shops to make sure they have all the appropriate information for the weekend event
- Assist logistics, including, but not limited to: route, event communications, event packet preparation and distribution, in-kind solicitation, and prize fulfillment
- Assist with routine paperwork, mailings, faxing, photocopying and graphics requests
- Create and maintain a list of potential teams for Bike MS
- Available on event weekend: September 24-25, 2016 (this is not mandatory for this internship)
- Have reliable transportation (to come to and from the office for the internship period)
- Strong Knowledge of Microsoft Suite and Web Browsers
- Professional demeanor , both over the phone, and in person
- Must be willing to ask questions, think creatively, and brainstorm for fun new ideas for the Bike MS events
- Strong organizational and planning skills
- Ability to effectively work on several complex projects simultaneously
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Ability to successfully prioritize work
- Ability to work effectively with large groups
- A strong sense of purpose and a passion for working in an open, friendly environment while working to build a wonderful event!
This position will allow for professional growth, networking, and a behind the scenes look at the in’s and out’s of event management, committee involvement, and financials.
- CSR / Volunteer Coordination
- Community Outreach
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Orientation or Training
- Part-Time Unpaid Internship
- Looking for College Students interested in a part-time internship
- Motorcycle Safety needed for MS...
- Early risers catch the community...
- Volunteer at a rest stop for MS...
- Volunteering makes you...
- Special Event Internship - Bike MS
- Enthusiastic Traffic Control...
- Event Fundraising Volunteer
- Finish line cheering needed for...
- Community Service! Parking lot...
- Get Your Muck On at MuckFest MS!
- Medical volunteers make the...
- Like to drive AND volunteer?...