The Housing and Homelessness Department is looking for interns interested in developing their research and direct-care skills by providing assistance to our clients.
- Conduct in-person and/or phone screenings of clients seeking housing and homelessness prevention services
- Assist clients with the intake process by helping them fill out the necessary application, making copies of their paperwork, and setting up appointments for them with the Housing Resource Specialist
- Obtain access to listings of private-owner properties leasing units or apartments, as well as public housing authorities and their waiting lists
- Perform data entry and maintain data tracking systems (ETO, Client Track, etc.) up to date
- Perform other related duties
Skills & Qualifications:
Human Services, Social Work, Sociology, Public Policy, or similar background highly desired. Demonstrated commitment to equitable access to housing required. Must have effective written and verbal communication skills. Must be organized and able to handle several tasks at once while meeting deadlines. Experience working in a fast-paced nonprofit office setting preferred. Must be able to work well both individually and with a team.
Length of Commitment:
June 2016 to September 2016.
Schedule (including day and time if applicable):
10 hours a week, Monday and Wednesday or Tuesday and Thursday from 10:00 am to 4:00 pm.
Please submit resume and cover letter to the Human Resources Department, 178 Tremont St. Boston, MA 02111, Fax (617) 423-7693, or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Community Outreach
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 16
- Computer Instructor Volunteer
- Campaign Volunteer
- Video Editing Intern
- Outreach Administrator Volunteer
- Food Pantry Volunteer
- Food Pantry Assistant
- Housing Search Intern
- Youth Academy Club Leader
- Intake Assistant Interns
- Senior Programs Intern
- Youth Academy Enrichment Class...
- Exercise Instructor Volunteer
- Data Entry Intern/Volunteer
- Administrative Assistant - East...
- Graphic Design Volunteer
- Family Services Interns
- Housing Resource Support Volunteer
- STUDENT SUPPORT INTERN/VOLUNTEER
- Future Protectors Initiative...
- Community Planning and Research...