The Civic Symphony Association of San Francisco is a volunteer-based performing arts association that manages multiple music ensembles, including the San Francisco Civic Symphony which has provided free concerts to the commuinty since 1931. Our mission is to provide a welcoming environment for musicians of diverse abilities to play together as well as to offer free classical music performances for the community.
We are seeking a volunteer, preferably with experience and familiarity in grant writing, to help us develop our list of grant funding prospects. Bay Area based volunteers are preferred, though we can manage a virtual volunteer remotely if you are interested and a great fit.
We hope to engage a volunteer for approximately 6-8 weeks to develop a short list of high potential institutional funders to pursue for our current 2016-2017 season and moving forward. Key tasks will include:
- A review of comparable peer organizations’ annual reports and donor lists to identify potential institutional funders
- Research via the Foundation Center’s foundation database and/or similar services to identify additional prospects
- Developing a final deliverable of compiled research on prioritized potential funders based on giving interests, history, and criteria and including information on the funders’ contact information, application process, and grant cycle when available
- Familiarity and preferably professional experience with the grant writing /grant research process
- Experience with the Foundation Center's database and services
- Excellent organizational and communication skills
- An interest and appreciation in classical music
If you are interested and think you'd be a good fit for this opportunity, we'd love to hear from you!
- Grant Writing / Research
- Arts Administration
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- 40-60 hours, preferably within ~2 months