Purpose: Help Henderson County Habitat for Humanity (HCHFH) develop, market and enhance our relationship with the community. Represent the Henderson County Habitat with outreach tables at community meetings, events, parades, outreach events with other non-profits and in any activity that might help to promote the mission of Henderson County Habitat for Humanity, build awareness of what we do and to increase potential volunteer recruits.
- Community Outreach Committee meeting will be held month, volunteers must attend at least one per quarter to learn about ongoing HCHFH activities.
- Sign up for a shift at an outreach table, as needed
Preferred knowledge, skill and abilities:
- Effective communication skills and a professional attitude
- Ability to connect with people from a variety of backgrounds
- Passionate about the mission of Habitat for Humanity
- Ability to learn quickly and retain knowledge about Henderson County Habitat for Humanity and our programs
- Build awareness of Habitat and its programs by representing Henderson County Habitat at community events and outreach tables
- Assist Volunteer Coordinator by identifying local churches, community gathering or other activities that might host a Henderson County Habitat outreach table
- Attend one committee meeting per month
- Help staff outreach tables and provide information to the community about Henderson County Habitat programs
- Community Outreach
Good Match For
Teens People 55+
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 14
- Orientation or Training
- Varies by event. Requires 1 meeting per quarter.