The logistics lead is primarily responsible for providing a safe, comfortable, and seamless experience for all Relay For Life participants.
Individuals in this role are organized and pay strong attention to detail in order to manage a comprehensive event execution plan that represents the mission and tradition of the American Cancer Society's Relay For Life event within the community.
Specific tasks include:
- Organize and create implementation plan for site selection, event schedule, event layout, signage, electrical and mechanical materials, restrooms, trash, tents, safety, risk management, contingency location, security, medical support, and set-up and clean-up needs.
- Collaborate with community champions and projects manager to recruit and train day-of-event volunteers.
- Assist with coordination of hospitality planning and execution.
- Ensure adherence to all American Cancer Society risk management standards, guidelines, and procedures.
- Work with the Relay For Life specialist, event lead, and experience lead to determine approriate vendors and to secure necessary items for logistic needs.
- Meet monthly or bi-monthly with the experience lead to discuss goals and progress.
- Problem Solving
- Project Management
- CSR / Volunteer Coordination
- Community Outreach
Good Match For
Kids Teens People 55+ Group
Requirements & Commitment
- One to two meetings a month. 24 hours day of event