- Excellent organizational, written and verbal skills
- Detail oriented and committed to meeting deadlines
- Ability to relate effectively with the public, fellow employees, and consumers in an appropriately professional manner
- Ability to adapt to shifting priorities and manage multiple deadlines
- Ability to problem-solve in a fast paced work environment
- Advanced computer skills including typing, Microsoft Office Suite and/or Google Apps
- Bilingual in Spanish a plus
- Ability to strictly adhere to confidentiality policies
- Handle incoming phone calls and written correspondence, providing prompt responses and forwarding to appropriate staff member where necessary
- Perform general clerical duties including photocopying, fax and mailing
- Handle requests for information and data and follow up with appropriate staff member
- Assist with volunteer and outreach coordination as required
- Update social media sites, as directed
- Update consumer records in database and ensure all hard files are accurate and up-to-date
MOCEANS will provide both online and in-person training. Orientation will occur on the first day of volunteer hours and will last approximately one hour. On-going training and support will be provided as needed.
TIME AND PLACE
The volunteer administrative assistant will work at the Long Branch office during normal business hours, unless otherwise agreed.
This position requires a minimum commitment of 6 months and a set schedule.
As assigned upon acceptance into program.
This position provides valuable experience for business management, communications, and/or marketing students and anyone with a passion for protecting the rights of people with disability. Volunteers are highly valued members of the MOCEANS team and contribute to making a significant difference in MOCEANS' ability to serve our community. MOCEANS will provide reference letters for all volunteers who successfully complete a placement
MOCEANS is EEOC compliant and we strongly encourage people with disabilities to apply.MOCEANS Center for Independent Living, Inc.
We are a private 501c3 nonprofit promoting the civil rights and inclusion of all people with disabilities since 1989.
Our mission is to support choice, promote public awareness and barrier-free access in the community while advancing the independent living philosophy in the lives of all people with disabilities.
For more information, visit http://www.moceanscil.org or our Facebook page at http://www.facebook.com/MoceansCIL
- Administrative Support
- Google Apps
- Executive Admin
- Microsoft Office Suite
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Community Advocate
- Social Media coordinator
- Development & Marketing Intern -...
- Nonprofit Management Intern -...
- Volunteer Fundraiser
- Volunteer Event Planning
- Board Members Wanted
- Online Community Advocate
- Activity/Workshop Support
- Administrative Assistant
- Independent Living Specialist...
- Board Service