Living directly the culture, environment and our organization in Santo Domingo de los Colorados in the Coast Region in Ecuador.
Our sustainable agriculture interns will work with members of Tsachilas Communities and our staff to investigate the farming of Guayusa like a Sustainable Agricultural Economics.
Our main activities are: the calculation of net present value for local agricultural systems, the opportunity costs of the farming of Guayusa, biodiversity benefits of agroforestry systems, and Fair Trade benefits
- Investigate agricultural production yields in Tsachilas communities.
- Create a database that measures the production value of crops and the general welfare of farmers in the province of Santo Domingo de los Tsachilas.
- Production of training guides of Guayusa crop
- Spend time in the field to understand the relation of agriculture in the economy of Tsachilas.
- Collect data of Tsachilas crop
- Design a database of native Tsachilas crop species
- Make a video about agriculture of Tsachilas
- Perform a cost-benefit analysis of Guayusa production
Studying or a degree in business areas, agriculture, sustainable development or related areas. Proficiency in English and Spanish (Basic to low intermediate at least).
Current Status of Research
The original goal of this project is to compare the input costs, labor, and total profit associated with Guayusa and other cash crops such as cacao, yucca and banana.
If you are interested in working with us or have any questions about the internship program please send an email directly to our Program Manager, Kristina Cvetich, at firstname.lastname@example.org
1.- A simple resume
2.- Letter of intent (including which project you are applying for and why you want it)
3.- Two references
Summer Internship: June 17th - August 23rd
Fall Internship: October 16th - November 15th
Winter Internship: January 6th - March 7th
Spring Internship: March 10th - May 16th
8 weeks: $1600
10 weeks: $ 2000
Additional weeks: $200/week
Program fees include living accommodation and program. Food and travel expenses are not included. Optional Homestay fee $70/week. Homestay includes all meals, lodging and transportation to/from homestay community
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment