WNY Independent Living, Inc. Provides services and programs to people of all ages, with disabilities, to achieve their goals and remain equal and empowered in doing so. The Community Engagement Department's mission is to educate, inform, raise funds and awareness to ensure that all of the services remain available AND to show and teach the public on where to go of they need assistance in achieveing their goals in life through obtaining goals of accessible housing, transportation, equal employment, advocacy, skills training and mental health programs.
We are looking for individuals to join our department team to help with the following areas:
1) Join the quarterly Community Engagement Committee and help plan the upcoming events, plan strategy, and help us achieve the goals and send recommendations and outcomes to the Board.
2) Event Day/PreEvent Team: we are looking for individuals to come and help with mailings, solicit basket donations and in kind contributions and help organize the event on the day it occurs. We are looking to create a team of volunteers who come to either one specific event year or all of them to help make our event run smoothly!
3) social media gurus: We are looking for individuals who are tech savvy and love social media to be our internet reporters and assist with posting to YouTube, SnapChat, Twitter, Instagram etc and help us to the get the word out with the click of your phone or mouse!!
4) Outreach/3rd Party Volunteers: We are looking to training a group of volunteers on how to give a presentation about our services or request a fundraiser to be done in our honor i.e. through a school etc.
We would LOVE your help!
If any of this sounds like you, please let us know!!
- Strategic Planning
- Social Media / Blogging
- Public Relations
- CSR / Volunteer Coordination
- Community Outreach
Good Match For
Kids Teens People 55+ Group
Requirements & Commitment
- Orientation or Training
- You decide the amount of time you would like to gi
- Desire to help!