Redmond Historical Society President Joe Townsend has announced an opening for a volunteer Development and Philanthropy Committee Chair. This position can also be a Board Position. Qualified, interested, persons may request further information, a position description and Volunteer Application by writing to firstname.lastname@example.org. Resumes are helpful.
We are a small 501(c)(3) non-profit with a working board, and staff support.
The volunteer Development/Philanthropy Committee Chair is a member of the Redmond Historical Society's leadership team, working with the V.P. Finance and staff liaison. The Development and Philanthropy Committee Chair is responsible for leading the Society's fund raising program as adopted by the Board of Directors.
Areas of responsibility can include:
- Works with staff liaison and the Fund Raising Committee of the Board of Directors and Executive Director to develop strategies to initiate and meet fundraising goals.
- Designs, implements and manages fundraising activities.
- Donor cultivation, relationship building, and solicitation.
- Develops and implements community and member-based fundraising programs.
- Develops a comprehensive planned-giving program.
- Coordinates donor and gift record-keeping.
- Coordinates development research activities.
- Project Management
- People Skills
- Basic Computer Skills
- Community Outreach
- Verbal / Written Communication
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Must be at least 21
- Orientation or Training
- 5-10 hours / week
- Fundraising experience. Ability to take charge and lead. Ability to handle hands-on tasks.