Como Park Zoo and Conservatory is currently accepting applications from teams of three to five youth for the Youth Engagement Program (YEP).
Through the Youth Engagement Program, youth will develop skills to succeefully bring effective change to their community. Como offers a unique environment to foster leadership skills, have fun and inspire change. The program will kick off in August 2016, as selected YEP teams come together for a multi-day youth development workshop.
Highlights of the program include:
* A four-day summer leadership workshop including field trips to fun destinations that support conservation and sustainable practices
* Monthly meet-ups at Como with sneak peaks and program perks that only Como can offer
* The opportunity to meet with staff to learn about conservation programs that are important to Como
* Project support throughout the school year - including phone and email check-ins and site visits from Como staff
* Grant writing and seed funding opportunities to support your community project
* Volunteer hours and service learning hours
* Connections with fellow youth who share your passion to create change
Applications for the 2016 - 2017 school year are being accepted now through June 30, 2016.
- Environmental Education
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- 2016 - 2017 school year
- Application deadline: June 30, 2016