Opera NOVA, a 501 (c) (3) all-volunteer non-profit organization, is looking for two (2) Audience Development Volunteers to create and implement the ticket sales campaign for the school performances and the public performances of Scott Joplin’s Treemonisha in February 2017. This production is the oldest American opera and is the first composed by an African-American. The performances will occur primarily during Black History Month. We need two dynamic individuals: one to aggressively build public, private, parochial, and homeschool audiences and the other to build an aggressive marketing campaign to engage the wider community of Northern Virginia to attend our public performances.
- Excellent interpersonal, networking, verbal and written communication skills
- Proficient in MS Office especially Excel and Word
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to multitask
- Compile a current list of email and phone numbers in Constant Contact
- Manage communications and logistics between schools, the public and Opera NOVA to ensure outstanding performance experiences.
- Track attendance at events in Microsoft Excel.
- Supervise volunteers at the day of the event to ensure all students and members of the public purchase tickets, find their seats, and depart the theatre without any incidents.
- Basic Computer Skills
- Music Arts
- Arts Administration
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- at least 2 hours per week
- Event Planner
- Costume/Wardrobe Volunteer Wanted
- Audience Development for...
- Volunteer PhD Candidates wanted...
- Webmaster Needed
- Historian/Archivist wanted for...
- Grant Writers
- Summer Volunteers Wanted
- Stage manager for opera...
- Administrative Assistant
- Connect Local Seniors With the...
- Volunteer Coordinator wanted for...
- School Coordinator for...
- Musical Instrument Coordinator