Opera NOVA, a 501 (c) (3) all-volunteer non-profit organization, is looking for two (2) Audience Development Volunteers to create and implement the ticket sales campaign for the school performances (March 2018) and the public performances (June 2018) of Rossini's La Cenerentola. This production is one of Rossini's most beloved operas designed specially for an audience of young school children in the elementary grades, kindergarten, and preschool. We need two dynamic individuals: one to aggressively build public, private, parochial, and homeschool audiences and the other to build an aggressive marketing campaign to engage the wider community of Northern Virginia to attend our public performances. Ideal for retired school teachers, mothers, and grandmothers.
- Excellent interpersonal, networking, verbal and written communication skills
- Proficient in MS Office especially Excel and Word
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to multitask
- Compile a current list of email and phone numbers in Constant Contact
- Manage communications and logistics between schools, the public and Opera NOVA to ensure outstanding performance experiences.
- Track attendance at events in Microsoft Excel.
- Supervise volunteers at the day of the event to ensure all students and members of the public purchase tickets, find their seats, and depart the theatre without any incidents.
- Basic Computer Skills
- Music Arts
- Arts Administration
- Marketing & Communications (Mar/Com)
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- at least 2 hours per week
- Event Planner
- Costume/Wardrobe Volunteer Wanted
- Volunteer Fundraisers wanted
- Newsletter Writer/Editor
- Volunteer Education Coordinators...
- Audience Development for...
- Volunteer PhD Candidates wanted...
- Webmaster Needed
- Finance Volunteer wanted
- Historian/Archivist wanted for...
- Grant Writers
- Summer Volunteers Wanted
- Stage manager for opera...
- Opera NOVA needs volunteers for...
- Administrative Assistant
- Connect Local Seniors With the...
- Volunteer Coordinator wanted for...
- School Coordinator for...