Companionship volunteers visit with our hospice patients in a facility setting or in the patient's home as a way of adding extra emotional and social support. Activities my include, conversation, reading, playing cards/table games, playing music/sing, help with a hobby, help with letter or card writing, etc...
- People Skills
- Spiritual Healing
- Hospice Care
- Relationship Building
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- Required background check and TB testing covered at no cost to you.
- Companion - East Allegheny Co
- Respite Sitter - Allegheny Co....
- Companion - Jefferson...
- Companion - Pittsburgh/North Hills
- Respite Sitter - Pittsburgh East
- Companion Volunteer -...
- Respite Sitter - Fayette Co.
- Respite Sitter -...
- Respite Sitter - North Hills
- Companion - West Allegheny Co
- Companion - Lawrence Co
- Music Based Volunteer -...
- Supportive Presence - Jefferson...
- Companion - Cranberry/Mars
- Companion - South/West Allegheny...
- Grief Support Volunteer
- Companion - Washington Co
- Respite Sitter - Jefferson...
- Respite Sitter - Allegheny Co East
- Supportive Musical Presence