SCOPE OF WORK: The Opportunity Passport Intern will be a part of the Community & Economic Development (CED) team and will impact and empower foster care youth through providing education opportunities surrounding financial literacy and the match savings program. The match saving program is a program that seeks to increase healthy participation with financial institutions and increase asset acquisition through the establishment of a savings account that will in turn, be matched with grant funding.
The Opportunity Passport Intern will learn and implement core skills in youth development and youth programming. Interns will also gain experience in youth coaching and work with the structures, rules, and protocol when engaging youth in the foster care system.
Under the supervision of the Foster Care IDA Coordinator, the intern will assist with the following:
- Provide instruction on financial concepts to program youth utilizing existing curriculum
- Cultivate appropriate learning environment by setting up classroom and instructional materials
- Assist with scheduling youth for appropriate courses
- Contribute to maintaining consistent communication with participants via phone & email
- Compile and track corresponding data
- Acquired or pursuing a Bachelor’s degree in social work or related human service degree preferred, although no required
- Fingerprint Clearance Card (assistance provided by the IRC)
- Previous experience working with youth
- Comfortable with working in a diverse environment with a diverse population
- Comfortable with public speaking & making cold calls
- Excellent written & verbal skills
- Database Administration
- Financial Literacy
- Verbal / Written Communication
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 10-15+ hrs/week (3 months)
- Health Specialist Volunteer
- Citizenship & Immigration...
- Individual Development Accounts...
- Information & Resource Volunteer
- Childcare Microenterprise...
- Job Training AmeriCorps
- Resettlement Shop Coordinator...
- Financial Education Intern
- Reception & Placement...
- Housing Specialist Volunteer
- Economic Empowerment Intern
- Wellness Center Filing Clerk
- Communications Intern
- Wellness Intern
- Education & Learning In-Class...
- Well Being Volunteer
- Job Development Volunteer
- Child Watch Volunteer
- Intensive Case Management (ICM)...
- Citizenship Class (Midtown)