Experience the GRAM (Grand Rpids Art Museum) on a new level and become a GRAM Docent today! Ages 55+ are wanted!
A docent is a volunteer educator that engages in conversation with museum guests about artwork. NO ART OR TEACHING EXPERIENCE REQUIRED.
Act now before Art Prize begins!
Be sure to check out the Volunteer Fair on June 7 at 2 PM!
- An insider’s look at GRAM’s collection and special exhibitions
- Access to special guests and curators
- A preview of upcoming exhibitions
- Lifelong learning opportunities through bi-weekly docent education sessions
Qualities of perspective docents
- Outgoing and friendly
- Flexible and dedicated
- Comfortable with public speaking
Provisional (in-training) GRAM Docents complete an 8-month program, during which time they attend weekly training sessions. Collaborative learning and a specifically designed curriculum provide the content and practical knowledge necessary to lead groups of all ages through GRAM’s galleries.
Responsibilities of a GRAM Docent
- GRAM Docents are required to complete the 8-month provisional training program
- Upon completion of training program, docents attend bi-weekly education sessions
- GRAM Docents lead a minimum of 10 tours per fiscal year (October through September), and dedicate 50 hours per fiscal year to GRAM’s Docent Program
Volunteers are provided parking. It is available under the GRAM on evenings and weekends by entering by the Louis Street entrance. If it is during the weekdays or if this lot is full, park at the Monroe Center ramp across the street (enter on Ionia by Louis Street) and we will give you a parking voucher.
- Public Speaking
- Exhibition Arts
- People Skills
- Visual Arts
- Community Outreach
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 55
- Orientation or Training
- Minimum of 10 hours between October - September
- Successfully complete training process.
- Read to Succeed!
- Assisting in 62B District Court!
- Senior VIP's In Action!
- Art Prize is fast approaching!
- Library Art Atendant
- Welcoming Families to a Brighter...
- Excellent Shopping Experience!
- Brighten A Shopper's Day!
- Healthy Meals to those in need!
- Community Road Patrol - VIP
- Become a Grambassador for the...
- Get a dose of fresh air by doing...
- Help others get to where they...
- Active Volunteering!
- Make a Difference to a Child...