The needs of homeless women in Chicago are significant and increasing. The 2015 City of Chicago point-in-time count of homelessness reported an overall increase in homelessness of 8% from 2014 to 2015. The count reported 4,568 single individuals who are homeless. Of these, an estimated 32% (1,462) are women. These figures mirror Sarah’s Circle’s service numbers. In 2015 Sarah’s Circle saw an increase of 17% of the number of women requiring our services.
To develop organizational capacity to not only meet the growing need for services, but to work towards ending homelessness as well, Sarah’s Circle is creating an Associates Board (AB). The Associates Board of Sarah’s Circle will bring in a younger demographic of donors (ages 21-40) and create strong ties with young professionals looking to make a meaningful impact in the community. By providing leadership opportunities through volunteerism and fundraising events, members of the Associates Board will be connected to the mission of Sarah’s Circle and promote overall support.
- Attend Quarterly Meetings
- Promote annual fundraising events
- Participate in 2 (or more) direct service volunteer activities annually
- Create Winter Walk Team and be a Team Captain
- Attend and actively participate at AB events
- Be willing to share personal and professional networks for purposes of sponsorship and AB recruitment
- Annual total financial contribution of $490 or more to Sarah’s Circle
- Minimum personal contribution of $150
- Remaining funds can be raised with Winter Walk team participation and/or other fundraising events.
- Create an actively engaged network of young professionals to support the mission of Sarah’s Circle
- Increase awareness of women experiencing homelessness in Chicago
- Provide opportunities for AB members to gain valuable experience for professional board participation.
- Host fund/friend raising events that will capture interest of younger demographic
- Increase Social Media presence (Facebook/Twitter/LinkedIn)
- Steward long term relationship with donors with engagement early in their careers.
For additional information regarding our AB, please contact Evan Woods, firstname.lastname@example.org, 773-728-1014, ext. 314.
- Project Management
- Community Outreach
- Professional Development
- Relationship Building
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 21