SCOPE OF WORK: The Individual Development Accounts (IDA) program provides match savings accounts for refugees specifically to encourage asset-building purchases, such as first-time home ownership, business development, and post-secondary education investments. This program has resulted in the purchase of over 500 cars and 400 homes in the Phoenix area. The IDA Intern will assist the Program Coordinator with the core operations of the program. The intern will learn through experience about the asset-building microfinance programs and working with refugee populations.
LEARNING OBJECTIVES: The IDA Program Intern will have the opportunity to hone cross-cultural communication, strategic planning skills, financial analysis, accounting procedures. The intern will also have the opportunity to become familiar with the global non-profit environment and working with refugee populations.
Under the supervision of the IDA Program Coordinator, the intern will assist with the following:
- Analyze program applicant financial data to determine enrollment eligibility
- Review asset purchase documents to ensure completeness
- Process program participant deposit data and enter into data base to track progress
- Audit program financial data on a monthly basis to track progress
- Provide technical assistance to program participants regarding program processes
- Assist Program Coordinator with class preparations
- Assist Program Coordinator with implementation of new investment curriculum
- Bachelor or graduate-level education with interest in non-profit management and/or finance/accounting
- Superior organizational skills and meticulous attention to detail
- Excellent cross-cultural communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong internal drive with the ability to work proactively without continuous oversight
- Solid understanding of Microsoft Office
- Patience, flexibility, & creativity
- Project management experience is preferred, but not required
- Financial Auditing
- Cross-cultural Communication
- Microsoft Office Suite
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 10-15+ hrs/week (3 months)
- Health Specialist Volunteer
- Citizenship & Immigration...
- Individual Development Accounts...
- Information & Resource Volunteer
- Childcare Microenterprise...
- Job Training AmeriCorps
- Resettlement Shop Coordinator...
- Financial Education Intern
- Reception & Placement...
- Housing Specialist Volunteer
- Economic Empowerment Intern
- Wellness Center Filing Clerk
- Communications Intern
- Wellness Intern
- Education & Learning In-Class...
- Well Being Volunteer
- Job Development Volunteer
- Child Watch Volunteer
- Intensive Case Management (ICM)...
- Citizenship Class (Midtown)