SCOPE OF WORK: The MicroEnterprise Development (MED) Program Intern will work to achieve the goals and objectives of the MED program by enhanced assistance to MED clients through responding to program development opportunities. This will include, but is not limited to, dispensing business technical assistance, setting up and leading workshops, conducting independent research, and contributing to program organization.
Under the supervision of the Microenterprise Program Coordinator, the intern will assist with the following:
- Assist with Technical Assistance (TA) services through marketing and business-sectors research
- Coordinate and attend orientation workshops with potential loan applicants
- Reach out to local ethic based organizations for outreach and marketing of the MED program
- Conduct occasional research on program development opportunities such as Mentoring program and Consulting program
- Assist with basic end-of-month loan portfolio needs
- Organization of different foci of MED program online and in office
- Help with other potential program needs
- Bachelor or graduate-level education with background in business
- Business and/or marketing writing skills required
- Superior organizational skills and meticulous attention to detail
- Fluent in MS Suite
- Global acumen
- Excellent cross-cultural communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong internal drive with the ability to work proactively without continuous oversight
- Solid understanding of Microsoft Office
- Patience, flexibility, & creativity
- Project management experience is preferred, but not required
- Business Development
- Community Outreach
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 10-15+ hrs/week (3 months)
- Health Specialist Volunteer
- Citizenship & Immigration...
- Individual Development Accounts...
- Information & Resource Volunteer
- Childcare Microenterprise...
- Job Training AmeriCorps
- Resettlement Shop Coordinator...
- Financial Education Intern
- Reception & Placement...
- Housing Specialist Volunteer
- Economic Empowerment Intern
- Wellness Center Filing Clerk
- Communications Intern
- Wellness Intern
- Education & Learning In-Class...
- Well Being Volunteer
- Job Development Volunteer
- Child Watch Volunteer
- Intensive Case Management (ICM)...
- Citizenship Class (Midtown)