SCOPE OF WORK: The Arizona League to End Regional Trafficking (ALERT) serves victims and survivors of human trafficking by providing access to protection, empowerment, stability, and self-sufficiency though comprehensive case management, advocacy, education, collaboration, and capacity building. The ALERT Media and Communications Intern is expected to assist the ALERT Anti-Trafficking Case Manager with maintaining and generating content for the ALERT website and social media accounts, coordinating media and speaker requests, and supporting event planning efforts. The Media and Communications Intern is also eligible to assist with client case management, including client intake, client check-ins, transporting clients to appointments, and otherwise assisting clients through their recovery process.
The ALERT Media and Communications Intern will gain skills and professional experience that include understanding cultural sensitivity, an intimate knowledge of human trafficking within Arizona, maintaining a professional web presence as a local program within an international NGO, event organization, and experience with maintaining professional relationships in a fast-paced work environment, among many other skills.
Under the supervision of the Anti-Trafficking- Caseworker, the intern will assist with the following:
- Maintaining and generating content for the ALERT Facebook page;
- Updating and maintaining our ALERT website;
- Coordinating media requests & monitoring media coverage;
- Support in event planning & execution;
- Potentially assist with various direct case tasks, as needed;
- Other relevant program support duties, as assigned
- Excellent written & verbal skills;
- Strong computer skills, particularly experience in social media and web design
- One year of previous work experience or exceptional understanding of human trafficking is preferred, but not required;
- Prior experience in a non-profit setting with human trafficking survivors beneficial, but not required;
- Ability to take initiative & work independently or on a team;
- Must be comfortable working in a cross-cultural environment
- Event Design & Planning
- Social Media / Blogging
- Cross-cultural Communication
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 10-15+ hrs/week (3 months)
- Health Specialist Volunteer
- Citizenship & Immigration...
- Individual Development Accounts...
- Information & Resource Volunteer
- Childcare Microenterprise...
- Job Training AmeriCorps
- Resettlement Shop Coordinator...
- Financial Education Intern
- Reception & Placement...
- Housing Specialist Volunteer
- Economic Empowerment Intern
- Wellness Center Filing Clerk
- Communications Intern
- Wellness Intern
- Education & Learning In-Class...
- Well Being Volunteer
- Job Development Volunteer
- Child Watch Volunteer
- Intensive Case Management (ICM)...
- Citizenship Class (Midtown)