SCOPE OF WORK: The Survivors of Torture (SOT) program provides intensive case management, medical care coordination, and behavioral health services to survivors of torture living in Arizona. Through a client-centered model and a variety of social, medical, and legal services, as well as employment and vocational training, survivors of torture are able to lead productive lives. The SOT Intern will work closely with the Clinical Care Coordinator, Case Manager, and Well-Being Center to provide medical and social support for clients who have experienced extraneous trauma.
The SOT Intern will learn how to work with clients who are survivors of trauma, research skills, coordination, data tracking, and communication skills with clients and staff.
Under the supervision of the SOT staff, the intern will assist with the following:
- Research & compile a list of Phoenix immigration attorneys & assist in seeking pro-bono services;
- Assist clients with accessing public library resources;
- Assist with SOT program outreach in the community;
- Coordinate individual appointment logistics with health or social providers;
- Attend home visitations, as needed;
- Attend groups when needed to provide support or assistance;
- Assist with food bank training;
- Assist in numbers tracking and reporting, where applicable;
- Provide transportation for client appointments, as needed;
- Other relevant program support duties, as assigned
- Cultural competency & consideration
- Excellent written & verbal skills
- Proficient with Excel & other Microsoft Office applications
- Self-starter, ability to complete projects with minimal supervisior
- Access to reliable, insured vehicle
- Interest in public health, social work, or international studies preferred, but not required
- Administrative Support
- Cross-cultural Communication
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 10-15+ hrs/week (3 months)
- Health Specialist Volunteer
- Citizenship & Immigration...
- Individual Development Accounts...
- Information & Resource Volunteer
- Childcare Microenterprise...
- Job Training AmeriCorps
- Resettlement Shop Coordinator...
- Financial Education Intern
- Reception & Placement...
- Housing Specialist Volunteer
- Economic Empowerment Intern
- Wellness Center Filing Clerk
- Communications Intern
- Wellness Intern
- Education & Learning In-Class...
- Well Being Volunteer
- Job Development Volunteer
- Child Watch Volunteer
- Intensive Case Management (ICM)...
- Citizenship Class (Midtown)