SCOPE OF WORK: The Intensive Case Management (ICM) team is a specialized subcategory of the Casework team and takes on refugee cases that require closer care and attention, usually due to medical complications. The ICM Intern will work within a client-centered team that provides ongoing health and medical assistance to refugee clients as part of holistic case management. The ICM Intern will assist in the coordinating of medical appointments for clients, as well as working to ensure that data entry regarding health appointments is completed in a timely manner. Additionally, the ICM Intern will also research potential community resources and provide referrals to new and existing partners within the community. Finally, the ICM Intern will also be tasked with helping the ICM caseworker enroll clients & track their progress.
Under the supervision of the Caseworker, the intern will assist with the following:
- Coordinate medical appointments for refugee clients, including health screenings, specialist appointments, and other medical follow up visits;
- Input health & medical data in a timely and accurate manner using IRC databases;
- Enroll, track, & report on clients in Intensive Case Management program;
- Research community resources & reach out to potential new service providers;
- Maintain confidential health information & materials relevant to refugee populations with severe medical, mental, & social needs;
- Other relevant program support duties, as assigned
- Experience in public health sector with vulnerable populations preferred, but not required;
- A degree in public health or social work preferred, but not required;
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with partners, colleagues, & clients in cross-cultural, team-based environment;
- Excellent computer skills, including competency with MS Office Suite;
- Commitment to client confidentiality;
- A positive attitude & desire to learn;
- A degree in public health or social work preferred, but not required
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 10-15+ hrs/week (three months)
- Health Specialist Volunteer
- Citizenship & Immigration...
- Individual Development Accounts...
- Information & Resource Volunteer
- Childcare Microenterprise...
- Job Training AmeriCorps
- Resettlement Shop Coordinator...
- Financial Education Intern
- Reception & Placement...
- Housing Specialist Volunteer
- Economic Empowerment Intern
- Wellness Center Filing Clerk
- Communications Intern
- Wellness Intern
- Education & Learning In-Class...
- Well Being Volunteer
- Job Development Volunteer
- Child Watch Volunteer
- Intensive Case Management (ICM)...
- Citizenship Class (Midtown)