Grieving involves letting go and adjusting to a life that no longer includes the person who died. Our bereavement program supports family and friends for 13 months after the patient passes. Assist our Bereavement Coordinators with any of the following: check-in calls to loved ones, monthly mailings and/or one-on-one support visits .
Volunteers with a certain professional background can help with support groups and in the planning of memorial services.
- People Skills
- Bereavement Support
- Hospice Care
Good Match For
People 55+ Group
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Orientation or Training
- Required background check and TB testing covered at no cost to you.
- Supportive Presence
- Companion - East Allegheny Co
- Respite Sitter - Allegheny Co....
- Companion - Jefferson...
- Companion - Pittsburgh/North Hills
- Patient Visitor - Brackenridge
- Respite Sitter - Pittsburgh East
- Companion Volunteer -...
- Respite Sitter - Fayette Co.
- Companion - Beaver County
- Companion - Lawrence Co
- Music Based Volunteer -...
- Companion - Cranberry/Mars
- Companion - South/West Allegheny...
- Grief Support/Bereavement...
- Companion - Washington Co
- Respite Sitter - Jefferson...
- Respite Sitter - Allegheny Co East
- Supportive Presence - Allegheny...
- Supportive Musical Presence