SCOPE OF WORK: The International Rescue Committee (IRC) in Phoenix integrates education, case management, and employment services to assist individuals in achieving economic self-sufficiency and self-reliance. IRC works with refugees, asylees, and victims of trafficking, most with limited English proficiency, to overcome barriers to success by offering client-centered services including case management, basic skills education, work readiness training, and job placement. Through these services, IRC clients are prepared to be successful in transitional employment and are on track for being higher education and career ready.
As a member of IRC’s Adult Education program the Job Development Intern will assist on our "train to retain" approach through Job Club. Job Club is a proactive approach in providing a pre-screening and specific vocational training to set IRC clients apart from the competition. The Job Development Intern will engage with work-ready clients to reinforce American workforce expectations, provide job specific vocational trainings, and assist in simulated interviews. On-going support for both employers and clients is vital to achieving long-lasting partnerships in the business community and job retention for our clients. The Job Development Intern will also explore ways to increase and maximize client engagement through best practices and other existing training programs.
The Job Development Intern will have opportunities to develop public speaking & engagement skills, cultural sensitivity & a respect for diversity, experience in data tracking & analysis, & effective communication skills in regards to internal work processes & external client engagement.
Under the supervision of the Adult Education staff, the intern will assist with the following:
- Assist with Job Club, which will include scheduling, client engagement, attendance tracking, & data entry/analysis;
- Teach and/or assist with instruction of Job Club, vocational training, & simulated job interviews;
- Research & identify other offices’ and agencies’ job development programs;
- Assist with the development and revision of Job Club curriculum;
- Provide specialized instruction for individual clients;
- Other relevant program support duties, as assigned.
- Knowledge in data tracking & Microsoft Excel;
- Must be an organized, detail-oriented, self-starter;
- Cultural sensitivity & effective communication skills;
- Must be patient & flexible;
- Must be available Wednesdays from 9:30am-2:30pm
- Cross-cultural Communication
- Microsoft Office Suite
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 10-15+ hrs/week (minimum 3 months)
- Health Specialist Volunteer
- Citizenship & Immigration...
- Individual Development Accounts...
- Information & Resource Volunteer
- Childcare Microenterprise...
- Job Training AmeriCorps
- Resettlement Shop Coordinator...
- Financial Education Intern
- Reception & Placement...
- Housing Specialist Volunteer
- Economic Empowerment Intern
- Wellness Center Filing Clerk
- Communications Intern
- Wellness Intern
- Education & Learning In-Class...
- Well Being Volunteer
- Job Development Volunteer
- Child Watch Volunteer
- Intensive Case Management (ICM)...
- Citizenship Class (Midtown)