ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
The Resource Development Department works to increase the human, financial and technological resources available to IRC to support refugees in Phoenix, and promotes community outreach and advocacy activities to increase awareness of refugee issues and of IRC services. The Resource Development Intern will assist the Resource Development Manager and Development team in the following areas:
- Donor communications plan: Work with Development Manager to develop a donor communications plan and calendar.
- Grants: Research funding opportunities and work in conjunction with Development and other Program Managers contribute to grant writing efforts.
- Events: Work with Development Manager to coordinate two events, a yearly community appreciation event and one fundraising event.
- Assist in Resource Development activities and events;
- Other relevant duties as assigned.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English are essential;
- Prior experience in a non-profit setting specifically in Development beneficial;
- Prior experience coordinating events beneficial;
- Ability to take initiative and work independently;
- Must be comfortable working in a cross-cultural environment;
- Masters level applicants preferred;
- Flexibility and ability to juggle multiple tasks successfully.
- Public Relations
- Program Management
- Donor Management
- Customer Service
- Community Outreach
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 10-15+ hrs/week (minimum commitment of 3 months)