AmeriCorps, often referred to as a domestic Peace Corps, places individuals within communities to commit a year to serving others. Marshfield Clinic Center for Community Outreach is a national service grantee. Marshfield Clinic Volunteer Wisconsin AmeriCorps places individuals with nonprofits across Wisconsin.
Volunteer Wisconsin AmeriCorps Program Description
This program places individuals with nonprofit organizations across Wisconsin to build and strengthen volunteer programs. Individuals will receive focused training in volunteer management then assist with such tasks as: recruiting, training and supervising volunteers; creating volunteer handbooks, application forms, and brochures; writing position descriptions; updating website content and coordinating social media; and other (non-volunteer) tasks specific to the mission of the nonprofit.
As AmeriCorp member with the National Multiple Sclerosis Society you will gain valuable experience learning about the planning and execution of fundraising events and volunteer management by working closely with the logistics, development, and volunteer management teams. You will assist in coordinating event logistics, finalizing event preparations, researching venues and providing volunteer trainings. You will have opportunities to recruit volunteers, a critical element of event planning and will work to coordinate volunteer schedules. You will also have the opportunity to observe staff and learn how they coordinate with sponsors, participants and donors to plan and execute multiple large-scale events.
General Areas of Responsibilities:
- Identify, communicate with and assist office, event and leadership volunteers
- Mange recruitment, registration and training of Chapter and event volunteers
- Plan special events/programs such as trainings, workshops and volunteer celebrations
- Track volunteer activities, data and contact information in Chapter database
The applicant must have excellent customer service skills and be detail-orientated. Strong organizational, time management and planning skills are a must. Prior experience in fundraising, event planning, volunteer coordination and managing events is helpful. Good oral and written communication skills are requested. Must have valid driver’s license.
- $481.93 (gross before taxes) bi-weekly payroll for 52 weeks = $12,530 if a member serves the full service year
- Health insurance - option to enroll with premium paid in full
- Childcare assistance (if qualified)
- $5,730 education award upon successful completion of the term of service
- Forbearance on qualified student loans and interest accrual payments while serving. (taxable)
- Service gear
- Work Experience and the development of highly sought job skills (initiative, interpersonal and intercultural communication, adaptability, collaboration and accountability)
- Networking for career placement at all levels of the organization served, with partner organizations and throughout the community
- Build value - in yourself and the position you serve. Organizations often hire members after their term of service because they know what they’ve invested in the member and what they will be receiving.
- Problem Solving
- People Skills
- CSR / Volunteer Coordination
- Community Outreach
- Relationship Building
- Verbal / Written Communication
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 19
- Orientation or Training
- Average 32-35 hours per week
- Walk MS: Appleton Planning Team
- Photographer for MS Snowmobile...
- Walk MS: Wausau Planning Team
- Walk MS: Menomonee Falls...
- Walk MS: Fond Du Lac Planning Team
- Volunteer Wisconsin AmeriCorps...
- In Kind Donation Volunteer
- Walk MS: Milwaukee Planning Team
- Administrative Volunteer
- Walk MS: Cedarburg Planning Team
- Walk MS: Kenosha-Racine Planning...
- Walk MS: Janesville Planning Team
- Spring Semester Development Intern
- Spring Semester Volunteer...
- Walk MS: La Crosse Planning Team
- Walk MS: Marshfield Planning Team
- Front Desk Receptionist
- Walk MS: Eau Claire Planning Team
- Walk MS: Madison Planning Team
- Walk MS: Sheboygan Planning Team