Summary: Meals at Home is seeking candidates for the 2017-2020 board service term. The role of the Board of Directors is to support the work of Meals at Home and provide mission-based leadership and strategic governance. Candidates from all background are encouraged to apply.
Meals at Home fosters health and contributes to individual well-being and independence by delivering nutritious meals, medically prescribed diets, and providing other supportive services to the homebound, elderly, disabled, and others temporarily unable to care for their nutritional needs.
As a member of the board you will
- Articulate and uphold the mission, vision and core values of Meals at Home.
- Prepare for and regularly attend bi-monthly board meetings.
- Collaborate with Meals at Home’s committees and staff to develop and authorize strategic goals and initiatives to advance Meals at Home’s mission. Active participation at least two board committees is required.
- Provide appropriate financial oversight, including approving Meals at Home’s annual budget and work plan.
- Enhance the organization’s public standing and financial sustainability.
Requirements and Desired Skills
- Must demonstrate commitment to work in a team environment to enable Meals at Home to fulfill its mission.
- Previous experience in leadership role is helpful.
- Professional experience in the medical/dental field, with government agencies, religious groups, or with fund-raising is desired.
- Board members are encouraged to participate in regular volunteer activities (meal delivery, friendly visiting, office support, outreach) at least once a month.
- Attendance at Bi-monthly board meetings and monthly committee meetings is required.
Email letter of interest and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with subject heading Board of Director Self-Nomination.
LinkedIn for Good Volunteering
- Case Work / Management
- Marketing Strategy & Planning
- Community Outreach
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- 4+ hours per month