The Red Cross Visual Interactive Event Wizard (RC View) allows for decentralized management of disaster events, while allowing reporting and situational awareness for efficient service delivery to clients. The Communications lead will be responsible for developing/updating RC View doctrine/materials, supporting the development and execution of communications plan, drafting communications, etc.
* Familiarity with Disaster services and Red Cross structure
* Technical writing background preferred
* Strong writing, editing, and document collaboration experience
* Experience developing end user materials and communications that accompany deploying technology from a business or IT perspective
* Ability to communicate effectively using various technologies (email, conference calls, skype sessions)
* Flexibility to increase participation around project deadlines
* Strong Microsoft Office proficiency. SharePoint, Viseo and PowerPoint a plus.
* Become knowledgeable about RC View overall, deployment plan, and schedule.
* Working with the Deployment Lead and Business process owner for each module, lead the development, maintenance and publication of module-specific deployment doctrine (i.e. Implementation Guides, checklists, support materials, project communications)
* Identify, escalate and develop mitigations for timeline and/or quality-impacting issues related to deployment materials and project communications
* Participate in weekly Deployment Meetings
* Participate in weekly module-specific status meetings conducted by the RC View Project Manager
* Participate in weekly module-specific Deployment Meetings
* Review and provide feedback on training materials developed for the module
* Working with the Deployment Manager, support the development, maintenance, and adherence to the overall RC View Communication Plan and the development and publication of targeted communications.
* Working with the Deployment Manager, DCS Doctrine and Communications Manager and others, ensure DCS processes are followed (i.e. Stage Gate, review processes, Exchange publication practices).
* Maintain and monitor the use of the RC View SharePoint site to ensure all project artifacts are kept current and to maintain version control.
Minimal travel, but local travel to Regions to observe technology field and to validate materials and obtain feedback would be helpful to the project.
- Marketing Strategy & Planning
- IT Management
- Technical Writing
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 20-25 hours/wk thru Dec
- • Hours can be flexible over 7 days a week but must be able to participate in core meetings