SCOPE OF WORK: Often arriving with only their dignity and the clothes on their back, refugees frequently find themselves lacking daily essential items that we may be privileged to overlook. The In-Kind program at the IRC in Phoenix cultivates partnerships with community members and operates a space that serves as a bridge between the needs of refugees and the donor’s desire to support this vulnerable population: the on-site Resettlement Shop. Stocked with linens, kitchenware, clothing, and other household items that fill the shelves are the shop are more than they merely appear to be-they are the items that contribute to refugees building their new lives in the U.S.
The Resettlement Shop Coordinator Intern will assist the In-Kind Outreach Coordinator with the operations of the Resettlement Shop, including coordinating client shopping and managing volunteers. This position requires daily interaction with refugees and therefore, needs an individual who is culturally sensitive and willing to make strides to communicate with non-English speakers.
Under the supervision of the In-Kind & Outreach Coordinator, the intern will assist with the following:
- Assist clients in selecting donations;
- Manage Resettlement Shop volunteers;
- Oversee & assist in the restock & organization of the shop;
- Process donations dropped off by donors;
- Complete paperwork & administrative tasks related to the shop;
- Assist with inventory requirements;
- Keep the In-Kind Outreach Coordinator informed daily of needed items & operations of the Shop
- Excellent communication skills;
- Time management skills;
- Ability to take initiative & work independently;
- Detail-oriented & organized;
- Access to reliable transportation;
- Ability to carry up to 35lbs;
- Cultural sensitivity & enthusiasm to work in a multicultural setting;
- Strong empathy & desire to help people
- Administrative Support
- Community Outreach
- Program Management
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 10-15+ hrs/week
- Health Specialist Volunteer
- Citizenship & Immigration...
- Individual Development Accounts...
- Information & Resource Volunteer
- Childcare Microenterprise...
- Job Training AmeriCorps
- Resettlement Shop Coordinator...
- Financial Education Intern
- Reception & Placement...
- Housing Specialist Volunteer
- Economic Empowerment Intern
- Wellness Center Filing Clerk
- Communications Intern
- Wellness Intern
- Education & Learning In-Class...
- Well Being Volunteer
- Job Development Volunteer
- Child Watch Volunteer
- Intensive Case Management (ICM)...
- Citizenship Class (Midtown)