About Heping Link: Helping Link has been serving the Vietnamese-American immigrant community for twenty-two years. We provide English language and computer education classes for adults and seniors; after-school tutoring and summer classes for youth; job-site language training; information and referral services for our most vulnerable; and cultural events for the community. Our programs are offered in a bilingual context and in a supportive, family-friendly atmosphere.
We’re looking for a motivated, personable volunteer to serve as the Sponsorship Coordinator leading up to our 23rd Annual Gala in November 2016. Sponsorship (both corporate and individual) is one of the major reasons our event is so successful and this is an excellent opportunity to build relationships with various community organizations. This is a great opportunity for individuals interested in volunteer management and community relations -- even if you don’t have a lot of experience (we’ll help you out!)
- Send letters and make phone calls to local businesses on Helping Link's behalf.
- Secure 3-5 companies to sponsor our Gala.
- Work with other event committee volunteers and fill in where needed.
Good Match For
People 55+ Group
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- Gala Graphic Designer
- Volunteer as an Event Coordinator!
- Opportunity for a Photographer...
- Sponsorship Coordinator
- ESL Instructors
- Gala Advertising Coordinator
- Graphic Designer
- Office Assistant
- Citizenship Instructor
- Recruitment Specialist
- Board of Directors
- Community Engagement Ambassador
- Come Beautify Helping Link! Arts...
- Volunteer Recruitment and...
- Volunteer IT Specialist Wanted!
- Marketing Specialist
- Program Support Coordinator
- Gain Grant Writing Experience!
- GALA Committee - Planning and...
- Opportunity for a Communications...