The in-class tutor will be assigned to a school in the Metro Phoenix area to assist teachers in an ELL classroom with refugee students. Tutors may lead small group activities, one-on-one student support, and/or other activities assigned by the lead teacher. Tutor will encourage and support refugee students’ learning goals.
Required: Level I Fingerprint Clearance Card
Preferred, although not required:
-Experience with ELL students
-Experience with cross-cultural communication
-Teachers, former teachers, or teaching students
2-4+ hours/week with flexible availability
- General Education
- English as a Secondary Language (ESL)
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- Level 1 Fingerprint Clearance Card
- Health Specialist Volunteer
- Citizenship & Immigration...
- Individual Development Accounts...
- Information & Resource Volunteer
- Childcare Microenterprise...
- Job Training AmeriCorps
- Resettlement Shop Coordinator...
- Financial Education Intern
- Reception & Placement...
- Housing Specialist Volunteer
- Economic Empowerment Intern
- Wellness Center Filing Clerk
- Communications Intern
- Wellness Intern
- Education & Learning In-Class...
- Well Being Volunteer
- Job Development Volunteer
- Child Watch Volunteer
- Intensive Case Management (ICM)...
- Citizenship Class (Midtown)