We’re looking for a motivated, organized volunteer to serve as the Project Manager leading up to our 23rd Annual Gala in November 2016. The Project Manager will be the point person for all other Event Committee volunteers. This is a great opportunity for individuals interested in volunteer management and event planning -- even if you don’t have a lot of experience (we’ll help you out!)
- Manage calendar and track deadlines for the team.
- Manage the budget and make sure the team operates within the budget goals.
- Serve as the point of contact for team members if additional help or resources are needed.
- Research and contract Gala entertainment and catering.
- Organize event day logistics.
- Ability to skillfully handle people in person and on the phone for positive outcomes.
- Fun-loving and enthusiastic attitude.
- Possess strong written communication skills.
- Solid computer skills, with hands-on ability to work in Word, Excel, and, PowerPoint.
- Ability to work in a team and lead a variety of volunteers.
- Strong organizational skills with an ability to multitask and manage time wisely.
Function as a cooperative member of a team
About Helping Link: Helping Link has been serving the Vietnamese-American immigrant community for twenty-two years. We provide English language and computer education classes for adults and seniors; after-school tutoring and summer classes for youth; job-site language training; information and referral services for our most vulnerable; and cultural events for the community. Our programs are offered in a bilingual context and in a supportive, family-friendly atmosphere.
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- Editorial Assistant -...
- Volunteer as a Publicity and...
- Become a Youth Tutor!
- Gala Graphic Designer
- Help us organize the best GALA!...
- Opportunity for a Photographer...
- Sponsorship Coordinator
- Project Manager - Event Chair
- Gala Advertising Coordinator
- Looking for Volunteer...
- Seeking Non-Profit Board Members
- Flex your talents as a Web...
- EVENT DECORATORS for Helping...
- iPad Instructor - Help us bridge...
- GALA Entertainment Designer
- Love teaching? Love children?...
- Volunteer needed! IT...
- Marketing and Publicity Team
- Gain Grant Writing Experience!
- GALA Committee - Planning and...