Committed professionals needed to serve on the inaugural Board of Directors for a newly developing Christian school that will serve students in grades 5 to 12 in New York City and in Rahway, New Jersey. Current college students are welcomed to apply.
The Board's first order of business will be to establish norms for how the Board will operate, including setting its calendar and approving bylaws and other documents. The Board will meet quarterly (September, December, March, June). Members may participate in person or by phone, but at least 50% of the general board meetings must be attended in person. Board meetings will be held in the New York City area (generally the Penn Station area of Manhattan).
Since this is a new board, there is no "give-get" requirement, but the Board will eventually set this requirement at a time it feels is most appropriate. Other than completion of a Board application, the submission of a resume/cover letter and attendance at a Board orientation meeting, there are no other requirements and experience is not required.
The Board is only involved in the academic/legal/fiscal affairs of the school and will have no involvement in the school's Faith-Based components or in the church. There is also no requirement or expectation that Board members join the school's host church (or any other church) or be members of any particular faith.
Interested candidates must send a resume and a cover letter which fully outlines their professional experience and which also outlines the expertise they can bring to the Board. Expressions of interest that are not specific to this opportunity will not be answered. Expressions of interest may be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Our next Board meeting will be Wednesday, December 7th from 5:30pm to 7:30pm.
- Resource Development / Management
- Grant Writing / Research
- Community Outreach
- Youth Services
- General Education
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Scholarship & Service Coordinator
- Logo Designer- The MAXIM
- Board of Directors- 1City Academy
- Logo Designer- NoLimitz Ministry
- Logo Designer- HashTag Project
- Soul2Soul Evangelistic Ministry
- Logo Design- DocSpeax
- Logo Designer- The Gammytes
- Bricklayers' Community
- Logo Designer- The Honor Scouts
- Logo Designer: The Isaac...
- Vote for Mascot Chaka!!
- Logo Designer- Citadel Bible...
- Logo Designer- Frontlines Ministry
- Logo Designer- KATz
- Logo Designer- Circle of Paul
- Logo Designer- Revelationz...
- Ministry Development Team (Rahway)
- Logo Designer- The Xperience
- Logo Designer- Friends of 1City