Fostering for Red Paw Emergency Relief Team is a unique experience, and different than fostering for other organizations. Our animals are people’s pets, they are owned and loved and need a temporary foster home until their owners can recover from their home disaster. Red Paw’s goal is to reunite people and their pets.
We're looking for temporary fosters to open up their homes for a short period of time until the animals can be reunited with their owners. We are in need of cat, dog, rabbit, bird, and reptile fosters.
- Individuals who foster through Red Paw must be flexible, patient, and love animals.
- Displaced pets are in foster homes for an average period of 2-3 weeks.
- Red Paw provides transport and supplies to foster volunteers.
- All animals are s/n, vaccinated and tested before being placed.
- Able to say goodbye to your foster when it’s time for them go back home.
- Disaster Relief Care & Shelters
- Animal Care / Handling
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- We ask our fosters to commit to at least 2 weeks.
- Fosters should have a spare room to keep animals in.