The Communications volunteer assists the marketing department with developing communications materials that expand the agency’s presence in the community to attract donors and clients.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Interviewing staff, clients, and volunteers for newsletter articles.
- Writing and editing newsletter and blog quality stories, with pictures and appropriate connections to current events.
- Increasing the agency’s social media presence
- Assisting with the development of organizational print media (pamphlets, brochures, etc.)
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Ability to work independently
- Comfortable working on teams in a fast-paced environment
- High level of attention to details
- Proficiency with MS Office (Word, Excel)
- Journalism and/or public relations experience
- Experience with the Adobe Creative Suite
- Graphic Design skills
This position would be an internship if it directly relates to your major/classes, and if your school is willing to give you credit in exchange for doing an internship. If not, you would be a volunteer, but with all the same duties and expectations.
How to Apply:
Interested candidates should email a resume and cover letter to
email@example.com. Include "Communications Intern- [Your name]" in the subject line.
- Content Management Systems
- Brand Development & Messaging
- Graphic Design / Print
- Interactive/Social Media/SEO
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Orientation or Training