Volunteers are matched with a family, based on preferences, to provide either a Thanksgiving food basket, December food basket, or December holiday gifts. Volunteers are responsible for shopping for items, putting together gift baskets, and delivering them to the family before the holiday. We already have many Thanksgiving food basket volunteers, but are in great need of December food baskets as well as December holiday gifts! This is a great activity for families, and a wonderful opportunity to brighten someone's holiday season!
Volunteers should be dependable, respectful, and enjoy working with people. Volunteers should be able to empathize, and maintain confidentiality with client information. Volunteers will need their own transportation for deliveries.
- Community Outreach
Good Match For
People 55+ Group
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 16
- Orientation or Training
- 4 - 6 hours
- Boys or Girls Club Volunteer
- Front Desk Volunteers (Fairfax)
- Volunteer Photographer
- Hypothermia Shelter Volunteers
- Translation Services Volunteer
- Lead an exercise group for women...
- Drivers Needed During the Winter...
- Zumba Instructor
- Help children in Centreville,...
- Employment Meet Up Driver and...
- Holiday Children's Gift Exchange...
- ESL Instructor Volunteer
- Pantry Volunteer at Family Program
- Tutor a child in Math, Science,...
- Make a difference in the lives...
- Be an inspiring mentor!
- Volunteer Services Internship
- Front Desk Volunteer - Alexandria
- Fundraising Event Staff
- Community Development Intern