Many of our hospice patients families work tirelessly to keep their loved one comfortable and able to stay in the home as they move through their end-of-life process. Our volunteers serve as companions, often giving the family a much needed break! We hope to support those families with volunteers who will visit with their loved one while the family attends church on Sunday mornings.
We are seeking a few compassionate individuals, comfortable with visiting or sitting with a terminally ill person. Our volunteers are companions only, often watching TV, coloring, visiting, or having a meal with the patient so that the family member(s) can get out of the house for a little bit.
Volunteers do not assist with any hands-on/personal care nor medications.
Crossroads Hospice provides training and ongoing support to help you with your volunteer experience!
If you have a Sunday or two open during the month that you would be willing to share with us so that our Hospice families can get out, please contact us!
Currently seeking volunteers in Independence, Blue Springs, Oak Grove, and Odessa Missouri.
Contact us at 816-333-9200 or email us at email@example.com
- People Skills
- Cooking / Catering
- Hospice Care
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 16
- Orientation or Training
- 4 hours once or twice a month
- Brighten a Day in Raytown!
- Do you have a computer? Want to...
- Experienced Crochet Enthusiast...
- Life Legacy Journals for the...
- Volunteer To Be One Of The Best!
- Office Volunteer
- Pet Visits for Hospice Patients
- Be Kind in Belton!
- Vet to Vet visits in Saline...
- Transform your Life! Become a...
- YOU Are The Ultimate Gift!
- Hospice Volunteers Needed in...
- Be A Moment of Joy!
- Make a Difference in Lee's...
- Your Dog Can Volunteer Too!
- Friendly Visitors wanted for...
- Brighten Someone's Day in...
- Creative Writing for Hospice...
- CAN YOU SMILE AT A STRANGER?...
- Looking for CARING individuals...