LifeLong Medical Care provides high-quality health and social services to underserved people of all ages; creates models of care for the elderly, people with disabilities and families; and advocates for continuous improvements in the health of our communities.
OUR CORE VALUES
- We respect each person and celebrate the rich diversity of our communities.
- We believe all people are entitled to quality health care that serves the whole person.
- We are dedicated to recruiting, training, and supporting a diverse, compassionate, and skilled staff.
- We are committed to eliminating health disparities.
- We maximize our impact on the health of our community through local, state and national partnerships.
- We continuously seek to hear our patients' voice as we assess, develop and improve our programs.
Our specific clinic offers primary care for adults as well as behavioral healthcare, a prenatal program, an HIV Access clinic and a range of integrative medicine services including acupuncture, mindfulness and naturopathy. We have a growing Wellness Center which has a variety of wellness groups such as the Veggie Giveaway program which provides free, fresh, locally sourced produce to dozens of underserved patients each week!
Veggie Giveaway Volunteer Position Descriptions:
Veggie Giveaway Driver:
- Great for someone interested in Food Justice and Community Health. Get to know the farmers, get outside, and smell loads of beautiful produce!
- Volunteers will work with local farmers to collect produce donations from the Grand Lake Farmers Market in Oakland, and deliver them to LifeLong Ashby Health Center.
- Volunteers must be able to lift 30lb and must have access to a car.
- The time commitment is approximately two hours a week, from 1:30-3:30/4:00 every Saturday afternoon. Volunteers should be able to commit for a minimum of three months.
Veggie Giveaway Distributer:
- Our Monday morning volunteers assist in the sorting and packing of produce into bags, and distributing to LifeLong patients on Monday mornings (8:15am - ~11am). Volunteers should be able to commit for a minimum of three months.
- Volunteers have the opportunity to provide health education, nutrition, cooking/recipe information to patients.
Providing healthy food to our patients is a very important and special job! If you’re interested in this position, please send a resume to email@example.com. Thanks so much!
- Patient Care
- Food Delivery / Distribution
- Community Outreach
- Hospice Care
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- 2-3 hours/week