Rainforest Partnership based in Austin, Texas is an international nonprofit organization whose mission is to protect and regenerate tropical rainforests by working with the people of the forests to develop sustainable livelihoods that empower and respect both people and nature.
Tropical rainforests are the oldest and most complex land-based ecosystems on earth. By fostering collaborative partnerships directly with rainforest communities, and around the globe, we connect, create and leverage innovative opportunities to protect the forest.
We are looking for interested project coordinator volunteers. The project coordinator will work with the Executive Director on the organization's projects in Latin America.
The coordinator will support the Executive Director on the following needs:
- Organize incoming reports and photos from personnel abroad
- Help track project expenditures and activities
- Provide information and assistance to DP in completing required paperwork and reporting associated with each project (e.g. monthly report, updates, project implementation summaries)
- Interact with other personnel who are working in Peru, Ecuador as necessary for project related activities
- Research and help develop indicators and a methodology for measuring project success
- Help monitor and ensure the completion of all tasks laid out in the project plan
Qualifications - Candidates must have:
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Project management skills or an aptitude for project management
- Proficiency in research, interpreting, and analyzing data
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively
- Resourcefulness and creativity
- Spanish speaking and writing skills will be a bonus.
What you will get from this opportunity:
- An ability to work in a growing international NGO with a unique model of working
- You will gain experience in International Development
- The experience to work in a position of real responsibility
- An ability to own your designated work portfolio, and learn hands on project management, time management, ability to collaborate with highly skilled staff and volunteers
- Work in a fun, high energy, positive, collaborative and diverse work environment
If this position interests you, please send a copy of your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. We look forward to hearing from you!
- Problem Solving
- Strategic Planning
- Critical Thinking
- Project Management
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Minimum of 20 hours per week