As a Hospice Volunteer you are specially trained to support the patient and family in a variety of ways: visiting with the patient and family, providing spiritual support, reading, preparing a small meal or snack for the patient. You could even provide light housekeeping for them. If direct patient contact doesn't interest you, you can help provide excellent administrative support in the office, or help with special projects throughout the year.
Brookdale Hospice provides an individualized program of physical, emotional, and practical care for the patient, with emphasis on pain control and symptom management. Hospice care represents a full spectrum of care designed to respect the dignity of an individual facing a terminal illness. Our program is a reflection of our spirit of caring. We emphasize comfort, dignity and respect. We believe that centering our focus on both the patient and the family enables us to provide the best care.
Serious interested parties only, please. **Must be able to pass a background check, drug screen and two-step TB test.**
CESSLIE JOY PHARR, Volunteer Coordinator
LOVE live here every day.
7222 Commerce Center Drive Suite 100 | Colorado Springs | CO 80919
Main 719.268.2582 | Fax 719.268.6002
- Patient Care
- Crisis Counseling
- Case Work / Management
- Bereavement Support
- Hospice Care
Good Match For
Teens People 55+
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- spend an hour a week with a patient
- pass background check, drug test and complete 2-step TB test
- Read to Hospice Patients
- Vigil Volunteer
- Awesome Office Administrator
- Join Our Hospice Companionship...
- Sing to (and with) a Hospice...
- Veteran-to-Veteran Hospice...
- Hospice Volunteer Orientation:...
- Hospice Volunteers Needed!
- Hospice Companion Volunteer
- Animal Companions for Hospice...
- Ivory Tickler for Hospice Patients